Thursday, May 28, 2009

Letting go


Earlier this month I talked about letting go of a desired level of connection and style of poly with my metamour in the "Breaking up with a metamour" post. A few weeks later, I thought it might be nice to look at how that's gone.


It's been good. The metamour in question was relieved and thankful to be out from underneath a perceived burden. For me, I've truly been able to let go of the sense of being vested in how that relationship is going, and just allow my partner to move it in any direction that makes sense to them.


It's been obvious that my letting go has released some back-pressure within that line of connection, in a way that has stopped obscuring the scenery for my partner. This seems to be helping him see things more clearly and find a path more easily.


This lack of connection with a metamour wouldn't be my first choice, but it seems to be working out well in this particular situation. I'm glad I was able to let go of trying the same thing over and over, hoping for a different result, which is, I've heard, the definition of insanity. ;)

No comments: