Thursday, June 18, 2009

Poly Poundage


There are a great many things that have been somewhat...personal in nature that we've shared via this blog. This is probably one of those topics, although I am sure that many would consider it tame in comparison to public sex, or emotional boundaries.


Since S and I started dating, all of us have put on some weight. Myself leading the pack. You see, I'm an emotional eater. NRE, which I hear affects others inversely, easily converts to an increase in the dimensions of my ass. I'm happy, I want to share wonderful food experiences, and I nurture others (and myself!) with food. I feel comfortable and relaxed in a way that doesn't lend itself to pushing hard at the gym, even though I've kept up an exercise habit for the past 9 years or so.


S, PG and I haven't been doing well reinforcing better eating habits with each other. The kids are always hungry, and even if we don't have a ton of junk around, the "treat" is highly prized as a motivational tool. Shoot, even Donna, our little black dog, is a bit portly!


S recently decided that he is ready to plug in and work on his eating habits. This has enabled me to pull my head out of my capacious ass and remember the lessons that helped me shed well over a hundred pounds around the time I had my daughter. PG is also unimpressed with the fit of his clothes, and desirous of working on this issue. So here we go! It's time to divest ourselves of the Poly Poundage that has crept (rapidly) on the past two years and work together to support our highest health.


That's the good news: What we got into together, we are willing to work together on to shift! Between the three of us, we can reinforce goals with that much more strength. For those of you that know us in real life as well, please do ask how it's going! Let's go on hikes this summer, dance, go for a swim, learn to cook some healthy basics together, have lots of strenuous athletic sex, and get more active as a triad, and as a community!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the subject of community, I wanted to be sure you had seen spark people they do a good job of building it.

liminalD said...

I've heard that the secret of success with personal goals is the support of friends and partners, so if you all get into it you're away laughing! Go you!!

:D